Killander Music Records AB (KMR Studios)
KMR Studios is a music studio and indie record label in Uppsala that offers services in three areas: music, publishing and education. Our mission is to contribute to more people making more music in a way that is fun, sustainable and exciting. Whether you’re looking for a collaborator for your fourth album or your first single, we want to help you find what you love most with your creative work, create goals, and then help you achieve them.
Since 2019, KMR Studios has produced, mixed and mastered over 200 songs that’ve been released on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. KMR is also the first and at the time of writing the only studio north of Stockholm that is certified by Dolby to produce, mix and master in Dolby Atmos – in Sweden. Read more about the music studio
We are an independent record label that is always on the side of the artist. With us, you won’t find complicated contracts. We think long-term and only want to work with creative people who wants to work with us because they like us, not because an contract forces them to. We offer the artists and bands we have worked with the opportunity to get help with everything related to releasing music; administrative, graphic design, publishing and promotion. Read more about the record company
Education is close to our hearts and we work hard to provide lectures, courses and workshops that are cutting edge. We offer both standardized and customized courses, workshops and events, lectures and educational materials. We mainly offer our education-services in Swedish, but we offer 1o1 classes. Contact us for more information
Music producer, project manager
Filip is responsible for the creative work and the completion of our artists’ music.
Simon is in charge of our educations services and courses that focus on helping artists spread their own music.
We are always open for interns, who are seeking practical experience from the music industry.
- Filip Killander started Killander Music Records (KMR).
- KMR holds its first studio session and distributes its first song during spring, and after that the number of clients is increasing with a steady rate.
- During spring KMR employs its first consultant and starts accepting internships from universities.
- During fall KMR moves out from Filips home studio in Gränby to a dedicated studio in Svartbäcken where the business will continue to expand.
- Shortly after moving in to the new studio, for the first time a song released by KMR was played on the radio
- During spring Filip starts working full time at KMR Studios.
- KMR expands to working with other companies like Les Mills and Bonnier.
- A number of large investments are being made in terms of gear, instrument and microphones. The studio are continually making sure to suit the clients needs.
- KMR employs more consultants working partly remotely and for some projects in the studio.
- KMR is being transformed in to a limited company or ”AB” at the start of the year.
- During late summer time the studio moves to a new location in central Uppsala. The new location is bigger and consists of two different studios.
- KMR signs its first permanent employment.
- Premiere for KMR:s first live-event Acoustic Vibes took place and it turned out to be a success, followed up by a second event during fall that also was very appreciated.
- KMR:s Studio A gets Dolby Atmos certified. Its the first studio in Uppsala and one of few studios in Sweden.
- KMR reach 200+ produced and mixed projects
- Genelec released a interview with Filip Killander about KMR Studios going immersive
Summary of KMR:s finished projects (since 2019)
Last updated: 2023 02 21Contact us Music studio