Killander Music Records AB (KMR Studios)
KMR Studios is a music studio and indie record label in Uppsala that offers services in three areas: music, publishing and education. Our mission is to contribute to more people making more music in a way that is fun, sustainable and exciting. Whether you’re looking for a collaborator for your fourth album or your first single, we want to help you find what you love most with your creative work, create goals, and then help you achieve them.
Since 2019, KMR Studios has produced, mixed and mastered over 200 songs that have been released on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. KMR is also the first and at the time of writing the only studio north of Stockholm that is certified by Dolby to produce, mix and master in Dolby Atmos – in Sweden. Read more about the music studio
We are an independent record label that is always on the side of the artist. With us, you won’t find complicated contracts. We think long-term and only want to work with creative people who want to work with us because they like us, not because a contract forces them to. We offer the artists and bands that we work with the opportunity to get help with everything related to releasing music; administration, graphic design, publishing and promotion. Read more about the record company
Education is close to our hearts and we work hard to provide lectures, courses and workshops that are cutting edge. We offer both standardized and customized courses, workshops and events, lectures and educational materials. We mainly offer our education-services in Swedish, but we also offer 1o1 classes. Contact us for more information
- Filip Killander starts Killander Music Records (KMR).
- KMR holds its first studio session and distributes its first song during spring, and after that the number of clients steadily increases.
- During spring KMR employs its first consultant and starts accepting internships from universities.
- During fall KMR moves out from Filips home studio in Gränby to a dedicated studio in Svartbäcken where the business will continue to expand.
- Shortly after moving to the new studio, for the first time a song released by KMR is played on the radio
- During spring Filip starts working full time at KMR Studios.
- KMR expands to working with other companies like Les Mills and Bonnier.
- A number of large investments are being made in terms of gear, instrument and microphones. The studio is continually making sure to suit the clients needs.
- KMR employs more consultants working partly remotely and for some projects in the studio.
- KMR is being transformed in to a limited company or ”AB” at the start of the year.
- During late summer time the studio moves to a new location in central Uppsala. The new location is bigger and consists of two studio rooms.
- KMR signs its first permanent employment.
- Premiere for KMR:s first live-event Acoustic Vibes takes place and turns out to be a success, followed up by a second event during fall that is also very much appreciated.
- KMR:s Studio A gets Dolby Atmos certified. It’s the first studio in Uppsala and one of few studios in Sweden of its kind.
- KMR reach 200+ produced and mixed projects
- Genelec released an interview with Filip Killander about KMR Studios going immersive
- KMR reach 300+ mastered projects
- KMR becomes an approved Apple Digital Masters Mastering Studio
- KMR reach 300+ distributed songs
Summary of KMR:s finished projects (since 2019)
Last updated: 2023 12 06
KMR:s goals are to help our customers to fulfill their dreams by offering the best possible service, inspiration and expertise.
Equality, entusiasm, and humility
The professional music company who is leading in artist development, musical creativity and sustainability.